The Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel is dedicated to doing everything we can to minimize our impact on the environment. We proudly offer many "environmentally-friendly" programs including high-efficiency lighting and green housekeeping.
Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guestrooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Water conserving fixtures
- Smart irrigation practices
- Make A Green Choice program rewards guests for choosing to conserve natural resources in their guest room
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Dumpster monitoring
- Elimination of Styrofoam packaging
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Alternatives to plastic bottled water
- Sustainable food and beverage options
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Low-emitting materials, such as paints, flooring and furniture
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices
*Please note that some of the sustainability initiatives above may be in process of being implemented and may not be available in some areas of the facility.
Make A Green Choice to conserve water, energy and other resources; it is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure).
It feels good to conserve. Make A Green Choice.
To participate in the Make a Green Choice program, please tell us at check-in or look for the doorhanger in your guestroom.
See what a difference a night can make!
37.2 gallons is 596 cups, enough for 1 person to drink almost 2 cups per day for a year.
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
Save Natural Gas
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours - when it's 10°F outside.
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment. And that's good for everyone.
*All amounts estimated based on average guestroom size and materials usage.