- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp finely grated orange zest
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher sea salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 lb dark cherries (Bing preferred)
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup spiced rum
- 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, zest, clove, cinnamon and salt, put in sauce pan.
- Stir in the water and orange juice; bring to a boil over med-high heat, stir until thickened.
- Stir in the cherries, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While cherries are cooking, spoon ice cream into bowls.
- Remove cherries from heat, add liquor and ignite.
- Gently shake pan until the blue flame has gone out.
- Spoon cherries over ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat up ¾ cup cream in a saucepan.
- Whisk together yolk, sugar, and salt; then add hot cream, whisking slowly until combined.
- Pour mix through a chinois (fine mesh strainer) into a bowl and add vanilla.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler; then whisk custard mix into chocolate until smooth; let cool.
- Beat remaining 1 ¼ cups of cream until achieving stiff peaks; then gently fold into chocolate custard.
- 1 lb of unsalted butter
- 2 lb sourdough bread, day old cut into 1” cubes
- 1 diced yellow onion
- ½ stalk of celery
- 1 diced red delicious apple
- 4 oz chopped pecans
- 5 oz cranberries, dried
- 4 oz chopped bacon
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp coarse grind black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Butter a 13x9x2” baking dish and set aside.
- Scatter bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour or until dried out.
- Let cool, transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over high heat; add onions and celery, brown for about 4 minutes.
- Add to bread in bowl, slowly stir in remainder of ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165 F.